11.27.2006

So I haven't written in close to ages. I'm just going to start at London because I'll forget some of the rest!
Friday: I'm woken up bright and early in the morning (as in 4 am after falling asleep at 1.30 am!) and grab on some close while finishing packing. Stumble up the staires and into the awaiting freezing cold car. That's my bed until we arrive at the Copenhagen airport close to 6 am. Our plane doesn't leave until 7.50 am but we still get through secuirity and everything nice and early. I'm finally able to eat something for breakfast, orange juice that so was not "fresh" and a huuuge croisant. I get on the plane next to some huge guy who doesn't seem to be very friendly (I'm assuming this is because he isn't sitting with his wife). Thankfully I got my iPod the day before so I'm able to pass out on the food tray for the next 2.5 hours. We arrive in London and I have to fill out a sheet since I'm not EU. Luckily it doesn't take long and we're off to town in a super cool cab! Driving on the wrong side of the road naturally. We get to the hotel and after a few seconds break we're off to Harrod's, a massive department store not far from our hotel! It's so huge (about 5 stories I think) and has a floor for absolutely everything imaginable. It was funny looking at all the bathtubs. So ridic some of them! We then took the Subway to the Eye. A huge massive Ferris Wheel built in 2000.
Really close to Big Ben as well! We go back to the hotel then off to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner before running through the pouring rain to watch the musical written by Queen "We Will Rock You". I can't believe I had forgotten how much I loved Queen! The London Underground was for sure one of my favourite parts!!
Saturday: Sleep in until about 9 am since the Fejne's were off to the synagogue for a celebration thing. I go back up and have my first bath since arriving in Europe!! It felt so nice but unfortunatly the jaccuzzi didn't work. At 12 pm I left for the Elizabeth Albert museum. It was right across the street. I looked at some exhibits from Asia and the Middle East then at a special exhibit about clothes in the 60s. I didn't pay to go in to any of the other ones. Then I was off to Gap to buy a shirt that cost me close to 65 bucks haha! Whoops.. Then I took the Subway all by myself to Piccadilly Circus to meet the family for lunch at this restaurant. Ulrika and I went shopping down Oxford street and another street that starts with a R and is super famous for shopping. It was really beautiful especially when it started getting dark and the Christmas lights came on! Back to the hotel then off to see " The Phantom of the Opera". Unfortunatly since we bought our tickets half price and late we had really horrible seats but it was still so amazing to see and I want to see it again! We were then off in the freezing freezing cold weather to a super fancy restaurant. It was really nice though and the host was so funny. We are then off to the hotel but we get sort of lost on the way because two lovebirds purposly gave us the wrong directions haha it was cute seeing them afterwards though. And we got to see the Kazahkstan embassy! BAHA Oh Anders.
Sunday: I was in a half dream like state when this huge buzzing noise rushes over me. I think it's weird to be in my dream considering it had nothing to do with the dream I was having. It kept getting louder and louder and suddenly a huge crashing noise is at my door. I look at Ulrika and she's now sitting bolt upright in her bed. I go to the door and look out of the peep hole to see Ann in a jacket. I think it's so ridic of her considering it's 2 am in the morning! She rushes in and screams, "IT'S THE FIRE ALARM! GRAB SOME STUFF LET'S GO!!". So we go lightening fast and about two minutes after we get outside the hotel it goes off. Turns out some dipweed made it go off in the floor above us. And turns out it's 6 am!! It felt so early. But after a few more hours of sleep we get up, have gross English breakfast and then go to TATE MODERN!!! It is so amazing and I want to go there again and again!! Then we took a cab back to another fancy restaurant. Harvey Nicole's or something. It was nice, super cute waiter. Ann loved him. Looked around to shop a bit. Then Anders and I headed home early. Soon the three of them were dressed and ready to go to their super fancy dinner party! They looked really nice :) I got to have a nice long bath, and watch Lord of the Rings.
Monday: Super early morning AGAIN. Back home by 11 am. So nice. Joanna the New Zealand exchange student was doing her Swedish presentation so I was able to get there in time!
I love London and want to go back again and again!

No comments: