9.28.2006

so i hung out with stephanie today after school. that's about all i have to say for today. BUT i got an e-mail from a girl in Rupert who wants to go to Sweden on exchange next year so that got me even more pumped to be here. Today I realized that June is reaaaally far time away. I got nervous but syked at the same time. Since it's near the end of the month, I'm going to do this thing that Julie did on her blog that I thought was neat. www.juliewishau.blogspot.com is her blog if you're totally interested in the life of Swedish exchange students.
Highlight of September: The Rotary kids Reunion weekend. Rachelle and I made fricken awesome bananas and chocolate that we had been looking forward to all of September and it really paid off. Plus I stayed up really super late && drank sooo much coffee! I met Ryota who is from Japan and taught him the little amount of swedish that I know with Örs.
Challenge of September: School. I forget if it was in August or September but I just broke down because I hated school so much. My class took a really long time to warm up to me, and it's still not that much fun. I've met other kids at school that are really cool but my class is bunk. The girls are beginning to talk to me a lot more now though. I can't decide if I should switch classes or not though! && that's a huge decision in my opinion!!
Looking Forward Too: Well besides meeting Rachelle's french lover tomorrow... I'm really stoked for Spain. I get to go again in the beginning of October with my host family.
Sweden is Wicked Awesome Cool Because: The kids that are really super outgoing totally make up for the kids that aren't. I've met so many awesome kids so far!! Like ARON!! And Zsolt even though you're super quiet in person!!! [I know he's going to be reading this]. Örs is amazing. and I mean Mange. I haven't even met the kid and he lends me his longboard?!
I Miss Canada because: of the mountains!! I would notice it even if I went to Edmonton just for like a week but being away from them for this long is intense! And how we really do say, "Eh" as much as people think we do.
Favourite Food: Right now I can't decide between Risifrutti and Kebab! Risifrutti is like rice pudding. It comes in a container like yoghurt and has jam that you can mix with it. It's my ultimate favourite right now! Kebab is just damn amazing coming from a former vegan. OH AND SNICKERSKAKA!!! It's this.. cake stuff that is just sooo good!! It's like a bar. It has peanut butter and Rice Crispies and chocolate and goooood! Rachelle and I adore it
Interesting word: Not super interesting but Kiss means Pee in swedish. HAHA you should've heard Aron explain it to me. "Well kiss means urine here" "I can't beleive you just said urine" "What else is there to say?" "Piss, Pee, Whiz.."
Lesson Learned: To stay determined. Kayaking and rock climbing I had to be super determined for both. Learning Swedish is going to be the exact same thing going on!

No comments: