1.02.2007

Nytt År

For New Years my host family, Ann's sister's family, and the Falkenborns all went to the Fahlman's house. I suppose someone has once owned Fahlman's cafe, which is situated right downtown across from H&M on the corner. They live in the same building but on the fifth floor or something. It's so neat!! It's a square sort of, but the centre is taken out to the courtyard. so there's just all these rooms and doorways and halls. Such a nice house. So we had dinner there. It was good! Yummy. Hedvig and I waited for Maria or Sara to call. Maria was going out to Domsten and I suppose Hedvig didn't want to go, so we didn't. And Sara was at Bagatelle. So Hedvig and I decided to go out to Bagatelle, but it was a private party. So we talked to Sara for a little bit when she came out. We then went up to Känen, the castle type thing. It was madness! I know I won't be able to describe it. But over 100 people, all ages. Most were drunk. ANYONE could have fireworks and light them off! There were 7 cop cars there but they were just there for "safety". They didn't monitor anything really. There was this one drunk girl who kept trying to hold on to a cop:: "I'm sorry, you must let go of me. No you may not hold me" "Just hold my hand pleaase" "Let go of me Miss" BAHA was funny. And this other girl who was scared so badly by the noise or something.. and she just laid on the "bridge" the entire time at the cops feet haha. The fireworks were insane! I think my favourite part might have been being able to see all of the fireworks in Denmark also! That was so unreal. We then went back to Fahlman's because it was cold. The first thing I ate in 2007 was candy. And the first thing I said was "Gott Nytt År". Woohoo Swedish!

No comments: