12.25.2006

JUL!

Christmas is amazing here!
I woke up to a stocking on my doorknob. It had a chocolate bar, orange, socks (no joke I was stoked), and a cd from the Queen musical we went to in London. That was a wonderful start (08.30). Then upstairs I went to meet Ann and Anders. We had a really nice breakfast together and I was taught more and more about Swedish history, especially during the war. Ulrika always stays at Anders sister's house, Winni, every Christmas Eve (so 23/12 here) so she wasn't there in the morning.
Ann and Anders went off for a walk and then we left for Ella's house at 12.15. We got there and soon after Mats, Johanna, Cecilia, Anki, and Anki's father arrived. The whole family. I felt kind of awkward just because it wasn't my family but it was beautiful and everyone seemed super happy. We drank Julmust (we the kids) and then sat down for Julbord. There was so much food! And schnapps. First course was lots of fish (herring and smoked eel - which is really good). Second course was more fish and salads! Then meat (Swedish meatballs of course) and potatoes. Then the main course finally of fish. I didn't have the main course because me and the other girls went and watched the annual 15.00 Walt Disney special! It was really cute and made me think of The Grinch. That ended at 16.00 and we went and ate porridge for desert. It was like rice pudding but creamier and had more liquid. Really good. They put an almond in it and who ever gets that is supposed to be married next. Mats got it. We then went and opened presents! It was wonderful. Everyone was really sincere. I felt horrible because I didn't get Ella, Winni, or Mats' family anything but I will most definatly write cards! Ella gave me a beautiful sweater and an amber necklace she had. I got a CD from Winni and from Mats' family I got a really nice cosmetic bag that is beautiful and big. They called Fredrik via. conference phone so everyone was able to say God Jul to him.
We then were off for home. We had about a twenty minute break then we began to open presents here. I was so spoilt!! I was given a ceramic straightner, really beautiful mug from Mölle, micro-fleece hoodie, and another amber (bärnsten) necklace from the family! Plus Ulrika bought me Body Butter!! So yummy. Jon and Mollie gave me a really cute viking boat candle holder. The relatives back home also sent me lots of cute things. I got Jell-o from Auntie Barb! 1000 Danish kr from Uncle Dave family. Granny Curtis sent 400 Danish kr also! My Ipod Nano from Pops and 400 Can. from Momma! Grandma Baines sent loads of Crabtree and Evelyn. I wonder if she realizes I've never used a single thing she's sent. I keep it all because I love it that much!! I was so spoilt this Christmas. But I felt as if every gift had come from the heart and I would've been happy with nothing. The Swedish Christmas experience, with the Fejne's, was beautiful.
We had lobster for dinner. Canadian East cost lobster! It tasted amazing. We had a few minutes break then were off to Jon and Mollie. I watched a bit of a famous Swedish comedy, Snowbreak or something. Then Jon, Mollie, Anders, Ann, and I began walking down to the St. Maria Church in downtown Helsingborg. It's really old. It was jammed packed and since we got there late we got bad seats, but the singing was amazing either way! AND I SAW MAJA, LEAD SINGER OF THE SOUNDS THERE!!! She stood within 5 metres of me!!! Gah, I was boggled. It was amazing.
Overall Christmas was amazing. Very, very cozy. I won't ever be able to repay everyone for the feelings I was given.

1 comment:

Karter said...

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM CANADA! I HOPE YOU HAD AN AWSOME CHRISTMAS. ICHAT VERY SOON KK. MISS YOU A TON!